General presentation of Sony
It goes without saying that an excellent knowledge of the Sony company is essential if you want to carry out a good analysis of this stock's price. You need to know its business and revenue sources in detail in order to predict its future growth or recession. Here is a complete overview of the company:
Sony Group Corporation, formerly known as Sony Corporation, is a Japanese company that operates in the computer and technology sector. Specifically, the group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and sale of electronic and entertainment products.
In order to better understand the activities of the Sony Group, it is possible to divide them into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way:
- Firstly, the sale of video games represents almost 28.9% of the group's turnover with consoles, software and consumables.
- Next is the sale of multimedia products, which generates 21.1% of turnover, with televisions accounting for 37.3% of this segment, mobile telecommunications equipment for 18.8%, cameras and video cameras for 17.7%, audio and video equipment for 16.5% and other products for 9.7%.
- Music production and distribution accounted for 10.3% of sales with Sony Music Entertainment.
- The sale of imaging and sensor solutions generates 10.4% of turnover.
- Finally, the production and distribution of films and television programmes generates 8.4% of turnover with Sony Pictures and Columbia Pictures.
- The remaining 20.9% of turnover comes from ancillary products, in particular financial services.
Geographically, the group generates 32.9% of its turnover in Japan, 8.5% in China, 9.6% in Asia Pacific, 23.9% in the United States, 20.2% in Europe and 4.9% in the rest of the world.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money. This is an advert for trading CFDs on Plus500