General presentation of Rio Tinto
It is essential for any successful trader to be able to make relevant analyses of a company's growth or loss of growth before investing in its stock. To do this, it is necessary to know the company and its activities as well as its main sources of income. We therefore propose that you discover here a complete presentation of the Rio Tinto company.
The Rio Tinto plc group is a British company specialising in mining. More specifically, it is one of the world's leading research, exploration and mining companies.
In order to better understand the activities of the Rio Tinto group, it is possible to divide them into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way:
- Iron ore represents 64.8% of the group's turnover with 285 million tonnes produced per year.
- Aluminium, alumina and bauxite represent 4.7% of turnover with 56.1 million tonnes of bauxite, 8 million tonnes of alumina and 3.2 million tonnes of aluminium per year.
- Industrial minerals represent 4.7% of turnover with titanium dioxide pigments for 1,120,000 tonnes, borates for 480,000 tonnes and salts for 4.9 million tonnes.
- Copper generated 4% of turnover with 527,900 tonnes.
- Gold accounts for 1.1% of turnover with 283,000 ounces.
- Diamonds represent 1.1% with 14.7 million carats.
- Finally, the remaining 3.4% of turnover was generated by uranium, silver, zinc and molybdenum.
Rio Tinto's revenue is derived from the UK (0.5%), Europe (5.9%), China (58.1%), Japan (7.5%), Asia (10.2%), the US (10.9%), Canada (2.9%), Australia (1.7%) and the rest of the world (2.3%).
Photo credits: ©roboriginal/123RF.COM