General presentation of Microchip
We now propose that you find out who Microchip really is and what its detailed activities and main sources of profit are. Indeed and by having a good knowledge of this company, you will be able to understand how it is likely to perform in the long run.
The Microchip Technology Group is an American company specialising in the electronics sector and, more specifically, in the design, production and sale of integrated semiconductors for the household goods, automotive, computer and telecommunications sectors.
To better understand Microchip's activities, it is possible to divide them into different segments according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way
- Microcontrollers generate 54.6% of this group's sales, with the development of security integrated circuits and microcontroller programming tools for specific applications.
- Interface and analog products are in second place with 28.6% of the group's turnover.
- Memory products such as electrical erasable and reprogrammable memories or EEPROMs accounted for 3.4% of sales.
- The technology services offered by the group generate 2.5% of turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 10.9% of the company's turnover comes from other products and services.
Currently, Microchip operates no less than 16 production sites, mainly based in the USA with 10 sites, in Germany with two sites as well as in Thailand, the Philippines, France and Ireland.
It is also interesting to know the geographical distribution of the revenues of this group which currently generates 25.3% of its sales in the United States, 51.8% in Asia and 22.9% in Europe.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money. This is an advert for trading CFDs on Plus500