General presentation of Lufthansa
In order to invest in the Lufthansa share price online and to carry out relevant analyses of the share price, it is of course necessary to have a thorough knowledge of this company as well as its activities and the segments in which it operates. This is precisely what we propose to do now with a complete presentation of this company.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is a German company that specialises in air transport. More precisely, this company is one of the most important airlines in the world today.
To understand the activities of the Lufthansa Group, however, they can be divided into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate, as follows:
- First of all, the major part of the Lufthansa Group's revenues comes from the air transport business with more than 72.5% of the total turnover. The company carried more than 145.2 million passengers in 2019.
- Maintenance and rental services account for the next largest part of the company's turnover, with repair, maintenance and rental services for aircraft, machinery and equipment.
- The various catering services on board the company's aircraft generate 7.2% of its turnover.
- Finally, logistics services account for 6.7% of the group's turnover.
- The remaining 1.5% of turnover comes from a number of ancillary activities.
The Lufthansa group currently has a fleet of 763 aircraft, of which 364 belong to German Airlines, 19 to Eurowings, 107 to Swiss, 82 to Austrian Airlines and 19 to Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa Cargo.
Geographically, the group currently generates 60.5% of its turnover in Europe, 19.9% in North America, 12.3% in Asia Pacific, 3% in Central and South America, 2.5% in the Middle East and 1.8% in Africa.
72% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. This is an advert for trading CFDs on Plus500