General presentation of Linde
It is of course very important to know a company well before buying or selling its shares on the stock market. Understanding who Linde is and what its major activities and sources of income are is essential to understanding how the group generates its turnover, the segments in which it operates and its growth capacities. The following is an introduction to the company:
The Linde Group plc is a German company specialising in the gas sector. More specifically, the company is currently one of the world's leading engineering and production companies for industrial gases.
In order to better understand the activities carried out by this group, they can be divided into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way
- The production and sale of industrial gases currently represents 83.2% of the group's turnover.
- Next are surface engineering services, which generate 9.9% of the company's turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 6.9% of turnover comes from ancillary activities.
It is also possible to break down the group's turnover by target sectors with :
- Manufacturing industry for 22%
- Chemicals and energy for 19%
- Health for 18%
- Metals for 13%
- Electronics industry for 9%
- Food industry for 8%
- Other sectors for 11%
Finally, we can of course look at the geographical distribution of the Linde Group's revenues. Only 12.9% of its turnover is generated in Germany and 5.9% in the UK. The rest of its turnover comes from Europe, Middle East and Africa (4.7%), the USA (30.5%), Brazil (3.5%), the Americas (4.9%), China (7.1%), Australia (4%), Asia Pacific (9.6%) and the rest of the world (16.9%).