General presentation of IBM
When analysing IBM's share price, you must ensure that you take into account information relating to the industry in which this company operates. This means that you need to know the company inside out. Here is a complete and detailed presentation of the IBM Group, its activities and its sources of revenue:
The IBM Group, or International Business Machine Corporation, is an American company that operates in the computer sector. More specifically, the company is currently one of the world's leading IT services companies.
In order to better understand the activities carried out by this group, it is possible to divide them into several divisions according to the share of turnover they generate and in this way:
- First of all, IT services represent the major part of the group's revenues with 57% of the turnover. These include consulting services with supply chain management, financial performance, customer relations, human resources and others, but also application management, systems integration, cloud computing, hosting and technical support.
- Next in line are the development of cognitive solutions and transaction processing software, which account for 30.1% of the company's turnover.
- Hardware and software sales currently account for 9.9% of the group's turnover with microcomputers, servers, peripherals, networks and data storage equipment.
- This is followed by IT equipment financing activities with 1.8% of turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 1.2% of turnover comes from other related activities.
In terms of the geographical distribution of IBM's revenues, it should be noted that 36.8% of its turnover is generated in the United States, 10.2% in the Americas, 31.7% in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, 11.3% in Japan and 10% in Asia Pacific.
Photo credits: Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine