General presentation of ArcelorMittal
If you want to make good analyses of the ArcelorMittal share price, you must of course have a thorough knowledge of this company and its main activities and sources of income. That is why we offer you here a complete presentation of this company and its sources of profit.
The ArcelorMittal Group is a French company operating in the steel industry. More precisely, it is the world leader in this sector.
To better understand the group's activities, they can be divided into different divisions according to the share of turnover they generate, as follows
- The sale of flat carbon steel alone represents more than 59.3% of the company's turnover with hot and cold rolled steel coils, coated sheets and others.
- Next comes the sale of long carbon steel, which generates 20.9% of the company's turnover with beams, concrete reinforcing bars, merchant steels, wire rods, sawing wire, sheet piling, public transport rails, special sections and wire products.
- The next largest segment is sales of iron ore and coal, which generate 2.7% of the company's turnover.
- Sales of tubular products represent 2.5% of turnover.
- Finally, the remaining 14.6% of turnover comes from other products and services, including the transformation, distribution and trading of steel.
The products sold by the group are intended for various sectors including the automotive, household appliance, packaging and construction industries.
Geographically, the ArcelorMittal group generates 7.9% of its turnover in Germany, 5.8% in France, 5.3% in Spain, 30.4% in Europe, 18.8% in the United States, 19.1% in the Americas and 12.7% in Asia and Africa.
72% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. This is an advert for trading CFDs on Plus500