General presentation of Amazon
In order to understand the issues that the Amazon group may face in the future and to be able to analyse its share price in a relevant way before buying or selling, it is above all necessary to understand its business and its main sources of income. This is why we are now offering you a complete presentation of this company and its activities and sources of income:
Amazon Inc. is an American company that operates in the online commerce sector. More precisely, this company is now one of the world's leading online retailers of consumer products. In parallel, the company is developing a marketplace activity that allows individuals and distribution companies to buy and sell goods and services on its platform.
To better understand the activities of the Amazon group, it is possible to divide them into three main categories according to the families of products and services with :
- Electronics and IT products, which include games, cameras, PCs, laptops and peripherals, TVs, stereos, players, wireless communication products and other such products. Amazon.com also offers kitchen and garden equipment, clothing and fashion accessories and beauty products.
- Cultural products, which used to be the main product category of the site and which still include books, music products, video games and DVDs, are also offered.
- Finally, the group also offers other products and services such as interface and Internet application development services.
Amazon's activities can also be broken down by source of revenue according to the type of activity with :
- The sale of products, which generates nearly 51.5% of the company's turnover.
- The sale of services which generates more than 48.5% of the company's turnover.
Finally, it is also interesting to know how the Amazon group's turnover is distributed geographically. More than 66.8% of the company's turnover is generated in the United States, with the remaining 8% coming from Germany, 6.8% from the United Kingdom, 4.9% from Japan and 13.5% from the rest of the world.
79% of retail CFD accounts lose money. This is an advert for trading CFDs on eToro